TERENA Technical Workshop
Using Authentication and Authorisation
Techniques in Multiple Environments
|Date:||Sunday 20 May|
|Time:||10:30 - 16:00|
|Venue:||DTU, Building 303, Room B|
Aim of the Workshop
With more and more resources available to be accessed over the Internet, authentication and authorisation techniques have spread towards wider and wider areas of application. In practice, all types of services that are available online need to take into account issues related to authentication and authorisation. In addition, component parts of a service may be provided by different entities, which bring inter-domain issues onto consideration.
The members of TERENA Task Forces, TF-Mobility and TF-EMC2 have a broad range of expertise in the technologies involved in authenticating and authorising access to resources.
Potential users of these technologies come from the realtime collaboration community (TERENA's Task Forces ECS and VSS), the bandwidth-on-demand provisioning community, Grid services, etc. The workshop will facilitate the exchange of information across these communities.
- 10:30 - 10:45 Welcome and workshop presentation - Licia Florio (TERENA)
- 10:45 - 11:15 AA from the EMC2 community perspective: Requirements, solutions and open issues - Diego Lopez, RedIRIS
- 11:15 - 11:45 How AA is used to support roaming (eduroam) - Klaas Wierenga, SURFnet
- 11:45 - 12:30 The AA requirements from the voice and video-conferencing community - Erik Dobbelsteijn, SURFnet / Fabio Vena, SWITCH / Jan Ruzicka, CESNET
- 12: 30 - 14: 00 Lunch
- 14:00 - 14:30 The security view on the current AAI - Jan Meijer, UNINETT
- 14:30 - 15:00 AA scenario: How autoBAHN system will use the eduGAIN federation for Authorization and Authentication - Victor Reijs, HEANET
- 15:00 - 15:30 Authentication and Authorisation for interdomain circuits - Bram Peeters, SURFnet
- 15:30 - 16:30 Discussion